Dave and the Bobcat worked very hard and sometimes it seemed like Dave was asking just a little too much of his trusty helper.
Meanwhile back at the house, Dave and his Bobcat were still hard at it. Not only did we encounter two layers of concrete, but there was no base material under the original driveway - just very wet, unstable clay.
Finally we had to call it - not because our stalwart workers couldn't have gone on but because we have elderly neighbors and our equipment made lots of noise.
Tomorrow, we order more base material, beg the city to pick up the concrete we removed, and hopefully pour our new, much needed driveway.