Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Did I Say Thursday? I Meant Tuesday.

Today Stealth and Alabaster joined their older and bigger cousins in the main koi pond. I think they're adjusting pretty well because I can occasionally see Alabaster swimming around like it's his job. As for Stealth, I haven't seen him since shortly after we turned him loose but as I explained here, he's invisible. I do hope he shows up later though as the murky winter water starts to clear.

Now it's time for a new naming challenge. I know yesterday I said we'd start a new challenge on Thursday but that's when I was still trying to think that Beth's You Capture was on Wednesday. So now I remember and I'm adjusting. That's important, right?

Anyway, back to naming. These guys won't be so easy because I don't think they have those features that lend themselves to names based on their appearance. On the other hand, maybe they'll be easier to name because we aren't bound by appearance parameters. What we are bound by, though, is the stickiness of the suggestion. As I explained in another post, if the name doesn't fit, it doesn't stick. It just disappears.

So here's a view (from both sides) of our naming candidate for today: I believe he would be classified as a Sanke but I'm a little unsure when it comes to designating the breeds.




So please, send some suggestions. The prizes are the same and include a selection from Beth's prints here. We'll be looking for input up until Saturday night. We want to let these two guys that are still in the house (the other will be named next week) join their cousins in the big pond as soon as possible and they can't possibly go until they have a name.

Thanks for much for your help!

2 comments:

  1. The first thing that came to mind was Tiger, but I still like Cubbie. I know, I sound like a broken record.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely name the fish Fu Manchu, because in that second shot, it looks like he/she totally has a fu manchu style mustache with those two white things hanging down on either side.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!