Saturday, September 29, 2012

Herons

A couple of years ago I spent a lot of time walking and taking pictures at Striebel Pond.  Just recently I've started going through these old pictures and I feel some are pretty interesting.  One day I photographed a great blue heron.

And a little further on I captured this great egret.  I had always thought these were great white herons but it turns on that those are only found in Florida and what we have here is probably a great egret.

I caught this one performing his morning toilette.

 
But what I liked most about these pictures is that this egret appeared to check out his reflection in the water



Before moving on to his daily grind.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!