Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy Birthday, Jack!

Our first great grandson, Jack, was born 4 years ago today.
A little while ago, I conducted a phone interview with him.  It's not always easy to interview someone so young but after a bit of a rough start things went along pretty smoothly.  Here's how it went!

Do you feel bigger now that you're 4 years old?  Yeah.  In what way?  4!
Do you like school?  Yeah.
What do you like best about it?  Ummmmmm, they have toy dinosaurs.  What else?  Toy animals and ummmm....dress up clothes, shoes, binoculars, phones and a billboard and a big shelf with tools.
Are the other boys and girls nice?  Yeah.  But one of them isn't nice.  Ryan isn't.  Ryan isn't? No.  Yeah, he isn't.  What does he do?  He gets me and hurts people.
Do you like visiting the beach house at Christmas?  Yeah.  I liked playing with Zachary.  He was very nice to me.  He's a good friend isn't he?  Yeah
Besides Zachary, what do you like best about being there?  I like sleeping in the loft because Zach sleeps by me.  How about the shopping trip where you picked out your own Christmas present?  Yeah.  I got a blue dinosaur and an orange plane.
So how do you know so much about dinosaurs?  Ummmmm.  Daddy taught me about them.  That's why I knew all the names. 

Are you a good big brother?  Yeah.  Daddy was proud of me at Chucky Cheese.    Because you were a good big brother?  Um hmmm.  Yeah.

Do you like to help Mommy?  Yeah.  What do you do?  I went to a Santa Shop at my school and I buyed her a ring.  Do you help pick up toys sometimes?  Yep.  I clean up the toys and I don't even play with them.

Now that you're older, will you have more chores to do?  Uh huh.  I think I can clean the house.  And I got some Play Doh and I think I can do that too.
Did Santa Claus bring you lots of stuff because you were a good boy?  He brought me Ironman stuffed animals.
What do you want to be when you grow up?  Ironman!   Is that what you dressed up as for Halloween?  Yep!  And Dane was Buzz and Aubrey was a pink elephant!
Is there anything else interesting about you?  I have turtles.  Snapping ones.  We put them in our room and we sleep with them.  You sleep with them?  We put them on our dresser in a tank.  Do they like it there?  Yeah.  What are their names?  Jack and Dane.
What are you doing tonight?  Mommy is going to have Daddy get the bugs out of the kitchen.  What kind of bugs?!!  They're bugs that don't move.   (I did find out that they're plastic ones he got for his birthday and Mommy said maybe he and Daddy could play with them in the kitchen.  lol)
And that concluded our very fun and informative interview.  I did hear though that when he got off the phone, he shrugged, threw up his hands, and said, "Wow!  That was a lot of questions!!"

So we're wishing a very happy birthday to one of the cutest, smartest, and sweetest little boys EVER!!!  

Happy 4th Birthday, Jack!




1 comment:

  1. Aww. So cute! That interview is priceless. Love it! Happy Birthday to the big 4 year old! :)

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!