Friday, August 7, 2015

Mary Addison

Our granddaughter, Mary, was born 9 years ago today in Kentucky. She is our 15th grandchild and 6th granddaughter.
 She's a very important part of this large family
And an even more important part of this smaller family.
A little while ago I conducted a phone interview with Mary.  Here's how it went!
Hi Mary! Happy Birthday!  Thank you!
How does it feel to be 9 years old?  Wonderful! Do you feel older?  A little.
Have you had a good day?  I've had a really fun day!!  What have you done?  Well we went to the beach and to a really good seafood restaurant.  And I went to a store and got a purse.  It's one of those long ones that go across your body and it's white and pretty and shaped like a heart.
 
What was your favorite part of the day?  I guess probably going into the pool because I just learned how to dive and do handstands so that was really cool.  And also at the seafood restaurant they gave me chocolate ice cream with oreos on top for my birthday.
  
Are you enjoying being on vacation in Hilton Head during your birthday week?  Yes.  I'm super glad to be here.  The beach is about the greatest place you could be.
What do you like best about vacationing in Hilton Head?  The beach for sure.
Did you enjoy Christmas vacation in Gulf Shores? Oh yeah! That was pretty awesome!  What did you like best about it?   I think walking on the beach and the beach house was probably my favorite.
And I liked spending time with my relatives and it was the first time I got to stay up all the way until midnight on New Year's Eve.
 So you've just moved into a new house.  Do you like it?  A lot.  In fact I don't even really think about our old house.
This neighborhood has other children your age.  I'll bet you like that better.   Oh yes!  There's a girl in the neighborhood named Makenzie. She's like my best friend there.
Are you looking forward to going to a new school?   A little.  Not very much actually.  I'd rather stay at my old school with all my friends.
What's your favorite recreational activity?  Probably playing outside with Makenzie.
What do you think you'd like to be when you grow up?  Probably a singer.  If that doesn't work out, a fashion designer.
How many children do you think you'd like to have some day?  392  392?  Well, at least a LOT of children!
What is your favorite thing to do? I love to draw!  (I have to add that Mary is an incredibly talented artist - on any medium - including our sidewalk.  The only bad thing about that is that the rain washed it away.)
What is your favorite thing to do with your friends?  Probably make up a story and act it out like we're famous movie stars or something.
What do you love most about your sibling?  Well, they know really good games to play.
What was the nicest thing you did for someone?  Probably that I donated my hair.
What else can you tell us about yourself that we haven't covered in this interview?  I wish I didn't have glasses.  And I hope my hair grows fast.  I kind of like to dress up in dresses during school but in summer I do shorts and T shirts.  I love animals.  I'd love to have a pet turtle or fish or something like that.  What's your favorite animal?  I'd say turtles or dolphins or horses.
 
As always, there's lots more I can tell you about this wonderful girl.  She's sweet, compassionate, and loving.
She's an avid reader, a dedicated runner, and an amazing artist.
She's smart, loves to help with any project, truly has a heart of gold, and she's growing up way too fast.
We're very proud of Mary and we love her very much!  We're also wishing her the happiest of birthdays and can't wait until the next time we see her.  Happy Birthday, Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!