Sunday, November 29, 2015

Lori Anne

November 17th is a very special day in our family.  On November 17th in Alamogordo, New Mexico  many years ago, our lives changed forever.
Prior to November 17th, we knew we were going to be parents and we probably felt that we'd be pretty good ones but what I was unprepared for was how head over heels in love I would be with this beautiful creature from the moment I laid eyes on her and that I'd feel this way about her for the rest of my life.
Before we even left Holloman AFB hospital, I knew that our lives would never be the same again and we didn't want them to be.  I remember telling my mother on the telephone that I didn't know I could love anything or anyone this much. 
Today this beautiful girl is a very important part of this large family.
And an even more important part of this smaller family.
But I'm getting ahead of myself.  From the beginning, she was quirky and fun (and that has never changed).

 She has always loved animals and animals have always like her too.
And she loved her little sister from the first moment she met her and that has never changed either.


She was a sweet little girl who thoughtfully rubbed her daddy's eyes when he looked tired and carried the tiniest speck she found on the floor to the waste basket.   She has always loved a good party - especially hers - another thing that's never changed.



And she's hard working and resourceful.  She figured out how to fix her broken clothes dryer.

Removed lots of wallpaper when updating their family room.
And has never shrunk from even the most challenging or unpleasant tasks - like cleaning our koi pond
or doing the hard part of preparing meat loaf.  LOL

She has a great eye for decorating, make-up, and hair styling (which she practiced on her niece, Amber).
Later on, Amber would return the favor.
Lori embraced motherhood with love and kindness and enthusiasm.  She was devoted and conscientious and handled the many challenges of motherhood with humor and wisdom.





She's a wonderful, sweet, and thoughtful daughter.
And a devoted and loving wife to her husband, Marcus.


 I could obviously go on and on about Lori but pretty soon my story becomes about everybody else - like how lucky we all are to have her in our family.
And how she'd do anything for any of us.
And what a joy and a blessing she is to be around.
We were truly blessed the day that God chose us to be her family and I'm grateful every day.  So Lori, I'm sorry your birthday post is so late but, as you know, there was a family emergency and we were needed elsewhere.  And, as we know, you are the person who understands.  Happy Birthday, Lori, even though it's late, it couldn't be more heartfelt or filled with love.  We're hoping the upcoming year brings you great happiness and everything your heart desires.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!