Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Emma Jean - Yesterday and Today

Today is Emma's first birthday.  Emma Jean was our 5th great grandchild and 2nd great granddaughter.
She's an important part of this very large family.
And an important part of this smaller large family.
And an even more important part of this even smaller large and beautiful family.
Here's a look at how Emma has changed through the past year.













I wrote about Emma's birth day here.
And now I want to talk about what Emma's been up to during her first year.  Right from the get go, she was welcomed, loved, and spoiled by her older siblings.

Her dad,
And, of course, her mom.
And she shows a real propensity for music
Sports
And enjoying the great outdoors.
She's a wonderful communicator.  Even if I'm taking her picture, she has a way of letting me know that she'd like me to carry her around for awhile.
She walks a little when she feels like it but mostly she teases you for awhile before she takes those four or five steps.
She spent her first holiday season in Gulf Shores and I didn't know as I was taking this picture of her family that I wouldn't see them again for over three months.
 A few months into the year there was a sign that changes were coming in her family.  Pretty soon she'll have five siblings.
All in all, Emma is a sweet, loving little girl.  Her siblings adore her and she adores them.  She's assertive - doesn't readily take no for an answer - but agreeable and independent at the same time. She has a great vocabulary already and a wonderful sense of rhythm.  Which reminds me that when I'm walking on the treadmill at an even pace, she hurriedly crawls to where she can see me.  Then she blesses me with a big smile and rocks back and forth on her hands and knees in perfect rhythm with my walk.
She's smart, fun, sociable, very cuddly, and so much fun to have around.  We can't wait to see what the future holds for this wonderful little girl and we're wishing her the happiest of birthdays and a lifetime of blessings and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!