Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Noah Daniel

Today is Noah's 11th birthday.  
He was born at Portage Hospital and has lived in the Valparaiso area all his life.
Noah is an important part of this very large family (shown here with 7 absent).
And an even more important part of this smaller family.
Last night I conducted a phone interview with him.  Here's how it went. 
First of all Noah, I have to ask, do you think your mother is very funny?  Yeah.
So how are you?  Fine
Did you just do a birthday interview with your mom?  Uh huh.  So you probably want to do another one right away right?  Uh....maybe.
Are you excited that tomorrow is your birthday?  Yes
Why?  Because I want to turn eleven.  What's so great about 11?  My age won't have any zeroes in it and it's double digits.
Do you have any special plans for tomorrow?  Yeah, I'm going to school and I'm going to pass out candy and see my friends and my family is going to come over.  What kind of candy do you pass out?  It's a variety of chocolate and lollipops and stuff like that.
Do you like school?  Yes
What your favorite subject?  Math.  How are your grades?  They're good.  Straight A's.
Did you enjoy spending the holiday week in Gulf Shores?  Yes!  What did you like best about it?  I liked how the beach was just across the street.
And did you like that you could go in the water in December and January?  Yes!
What was your favorite part about spending that week with your big, extended family?  My favorite part was New Year's Eve.  What was best about that?   Going to the beach to see the fireworks at the very end of the night.
Do you like having a brother and sister that are much younger than you?  Um yeah for the most part. 
What's the best part about it?  I always have someone to play with.   
What's not so great?  They can be a big deal sometimes.
Do you like having a sister that is so close to your age?  Yeah    What do you like about it?  I like that she's almost the same age as me and she understands me.  Do you like having thumb wars with her?  Oh yeah.   Who usually wins?  Anna
What do you want to be when you grow up?  I probably will be a teacher or a video game designer.
What can you tell are about yourself that we haven't talked about?  My favorite color is orange.  I have brown hair and I wear glasses.  I like playing on my Ipad and going outside sometimes.
Also, I am a Webelos 2 in Cub Scouts and I'm moving up to Boy Scouts First Class next month.
 My favorite animal is probably a monkey.  And my favorite animal here is Harper.  She is awesome. 

 
My homeroom teacher is Mrs. Simmons, my math teacher is Mrs. Gore, and my science teacher is Mrs. VanNostram.  Do you like all your teachers?  Yeah!
And that concluded our interview but I have to add a quick little story.  And this is more about how times have changed but still it involves Noah.  When we were in Gulf Shores, there was a wall telephone.  Beth held it to his ear to listen to the dial tone and asked him what he thought it was.  His answer, "um the internet is down?"
Of course there's so much more to tell you about Noah.  The most important things about him are not that he get's straight A's or that he's in Boy Scouts or that he's a great video game player.  The most important thing about Noah is that he is the sweetest, kindest, most considerate and thoughtful boy you could ever hope to meet.  He's kind to his siblings, his classmates, and his neighborhood friends and he's considerate and thoughtful to everyone he meets.  We're proud of him beyond measure and we're hoping that his birthday is as wonderful as he is!

2 comments:

  1. I might borrow your idea to interview the grandkids on birthdays....love his take on the old phone! Happy Birthday Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to sound stupid, but Noah being 11 makes me feel old. Wasn't he just in preschool last month???? Cute interview as always. Happy Birthday Noah!!
    p.s. Mrs. Gore is my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!