Tuesday, June 30, 2009

They're Swimming!

They're swimming and there's lots of them.

Yesterday I talked about our miraculously big spawning event and today I'm updating you on the babies.

In the aquarium in the house there are hundreds of koi fry (babies). In the larger tub outside, our grandson-in-law counted between 30 and 50 and in the small tub he saw about 10.

Although they're supposed to be stuck to the plants and walls of the abode by the sticky pad on their heads for 3 to 5 days, they're swimming around like crazy. That sticking thing lasted less than 24 hours.

Now the trick is to feed them enough but not too much and to keep as many alive as possible. I'm still in disbelief that this has happened. It's absolutely awesome so far!

Cross your fingers for us. Hopefully we're in it for the long haul.

1 comment:

  1. I wish your little swimmers the best of luck. But holy cow, what will you do with all of them?

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!