Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Biggo Back Yard

I'm always posting pictures and going on and on about Striebel Pond and I've even slipped in a few pictures from Indiana Dunes State Park, but another one of my favorite places is our backyard.

We've seen a huge variety of birds this year and now we have some new residents and visitors. We have a baby rabbit who is actually semi tame.

Then there are the tiny little baby koi we have in two tubs next to the door outside. I took these pictures while standing on our back step. Really, you'll probably have to double click on these to see the beautiful babies.

A frequent visitor to our big ol' back yard is this lame goose. He's the only goose we allow on our property and he's pretty arrogant about it. I mean we're avid goose chasers but the way this guy limps around all by himself is just pathetic. So we allow him to stay and glare at us when we take pictures of him.

And I can't forget to mention the grown koi. You can't step out the door without them rushing to the edge of the pond to visit (really they're hoping for food but I like to pretend we're friends).


Lots of squirrels visit our backyard too but I typically don't take their pictures. I have but it would take me eons to find one to post here. We also have lots of baby robins right now and they're always bathing in the shallows of the pond and sometimes the robins and wrens who've nested in the wonderful birdhouse that my brother made for me, even make use of the birdbath that Mr. Right does a good job of keeping supplied with water for bathing.

All in all it's a pretty busy place, our backyard. And it's going to be really beautiful once I get all the flower beds weeded. I can hardly wait.

4 comments:

  1. Your yard looks lovely. Just think of all the new free time you'll have to weed. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do geese eat fish? that's the first comment or question...also, the baby koi are SOOOO darn cute!! You really do have a nice, big backyard....so nice that someone got married there!

    Can you come over and help me weed my flower beds, too? hehe

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it's true, your backyard really is beautiful. I love the baby rabbit, it's way too cute and I'm so surprised that you guys allow that cranky goose in your yard. Your koi look gorgeous!

    AmyA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet Amy squeaks at the fish and the rabbit when she looks at those pictures.

    And your backyard is wonderful, so flat and peaceful and shady. That's it. I'm coming over.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!