Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Where Do These Beasts Come From?

I talked before about our Topsy Turvy, upside down tomato planters. We're actually very happy with them so far.

The big tomatoes are coming in hot and heavy and the cherry tomatoes are ripening quickly. As a matter of fact, we've already picked some.



But these aren't the beasts I'm referencing in the title. The beasts I'm talking about seem to come out of nowhere. We haven't had tomatoes in years. And these guys are way too big to crawl here from a farmer's field. Somebody please enlighten me. Where do they come from because I want to send them back home. They are wayyyyy ugly:


5 comments:

  1. EWWWWWWWWW. I've always wondered the same thing. Just like when I get fruit flies just because I have a piece of fruit in the house that is just starting to get over-ripe....what? do they travel around on the fruit and just wait for the right time. Puzzling. But those scary creatures on your tomatoes I think is even a bigger mystery. Maybe you could feed them to your koi.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way ugly for sure! What the heck are they? I sure hope they don't find their way to my tomato plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary! Your pictures are always so refreshing. I want to live where YOU live--"beasts" and all. I hope you join us at Creatively Fit. You would be a wonderful asset.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, send me your email address again if you get a chance. I would love to send you an invite to join the Creatively Fit blog (no pressure). That way, when you walk and take photos, you can post them with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ummmm please make sure those ugly fat things are far away when I get there!!! UGH!!

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!