Monday, July 13, 2009

Topsy Turvy

You've seen the advertisements on TV right? The upside down tomato and other vegetables planter? It always looked pretty bizarre to me but we've tried planting a couple of tomato plants in the backyard and we've never had much success. Usually about time we get one or two ripe ones, the plant is falling down and any tomatoes we might have gotten are somewhere in there on the ground and we just kind of get bored with the whole project. So the Topsy Turvy seemed liked something we should try. So we did.

We planted our tomatoes around the first of June and here's how they look now:

And look:

It really looks like we're going to have some wonderful tomatoes if we can just keep up with the watering and fertilizing. And we're quite excited.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those are amazing. We planted regular plants and all we have now are blossoms. I'm so jealous! Thanks so much for your sweet comment today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those look so healthy! I thought about buying one of those this year...but then I forgot.....now I wish I had. How impressive!

    AmyA

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!