Wednesday, July 8, 2009

You Capture - Patriotism

My choice for this weeks You Capture was easy to make. Although I love all food I don't usually photograph it (which is probably why I should have practiced it). BUT, I love my sons and I have practice photographing them so I'll share some of those pictures.

The first ones were taken at our local 4th of July ceremony conducted by our Mayor. On this day he bestowed Hometown Patriot Medals to 5 servicemen, two of whom happened to be our sons. Here they are:


And here they are with the Mayor:

And here they are with my cousin's husband who works installing the armor on the Humvees that are used in Iraq and Afghanistan. Believe me, their smiles are genuine:


And here they are with their families. Do Army wives know how to dress their families for the 4th or what!

And I'm including this last one for three reasons. It's patriotic, it's kind of age oriented like my blog is supposed to be, and there's a pretty good chance I won't be competing with Beth with this shot.


For lots more patriotic (or food) pictures, visit Beth at ishouldbefoldinglaundry or post some pictures of your own. It's quite fun!

15 comments:

  1. I love these shots. I can't imagine how proud you are of your sons. And can I just say they are so handsome! Great captures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sons are so handsome and I thank them for their service. (And your daughter is terrific.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful story! Thanks for sharing your POV!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pics! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful! Awesome shots of what had to have been an awesome day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots! And congratulations to you on having boys who have grown up to do wonderful things with their lives. You should be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's a thank you for raising two strong, admirable sons. My husband is no longer in the Army but we're still a patriotic family. Thank you.

    Also, I like when the internet comes together and I realize how people fit together. The internet, like the world, is awfully small. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a wonderful day. You have such a beautiful family. Inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots! Hmmmmmm these boys look familiar. Are you guys like proud of them or something? :-)

    Great photos and what handsome, brave young men. Thank them for all of us for what they do for our nation and for keeping us safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome way to celebrate July 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My many, many thanks for your sons! You must be so very proud of them!!

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!