Thursday, December 8, 2011

You Capture - Chilly

Beth's You Capture subject this week is Chilly. That sounded easy enough when I first read it but as our snowless, iceless, week wore on I started to realize I had to look for less obvious 'chilly'.

So I looked in the koi pond first. When the pond starts to freeze the fish begin to hibernate. They kind of lay on the bottom - not doing anything but, I guess, sleeping. And prior to that, when it gets 'chilly', they start practicing. Here they are - feeling chilly, getting ready for winter.

And then there was this vacant house. You can tell it's chilly by the bare branches and the fact that it's vacant.

My hydrangea blooms are chilly too.

And the fruit on the ornamental trees in back? Definitely chilly.

These lonely leaves are chilly.

But what could be more chilly than a boy in a refrigerator. Of course it's not all that chilly because it's not plugged in - but the idea is there. He's just chillin' in his new refrigerator.

For more You Capture Chilly pictures, visit Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Eli in the fridge made my day! And I hope your birdhouse has some happy, cozy residents soon. =>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started feeling chillier and chillier
    as I read your post and looked at the photos.
    But the laughter at the refrigerator
    photo banished all the chills :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots! And thanks for the sweet comments on my post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You captured Chilly brilliantly! One of my favorites is the bird house! Awesome, they all made me chilly....but my ALL TIME favorite is sweet little Eli in the refrigerator! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!