Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dan and Dave Through The Years

I remember this date in 1973 like it was yesterday. In those days you might know that you were having twins but you didn't know the sex until they were born. We had two girls so of course two boys would be optimal and that's what they were.

They've brought us joy every day (except for maybe a couple of days during their teens but only a couple) since then.

Here are Dan and Dave pictorially through the years.









These boys have been through so much together and they've always made us proud. After the war in Iraq they were both - separately - awarded Silver Stars, the third highest military award designated solely for heroism in combat - an almost unheard of honor for brothers much less twins.

They've each had multiple deployments where they spent extended periods of time away from their families.

But just like in the first picture in this post, they've never forgotten how to laugh together. And when they laugh, everybody around them laughs because it's so joyous and hilarious.

So Happy Birthday to the best two boys any parent could ask for. I hope this day is filled with happiness and wonderful memories.

3 comments:

  1. I love this so much!! Especially the very first and very last pics? I laughed just thinking about them laugh! As always, you rock these b-day posts! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I love looking at pictures of them when they were younger, they are SO STINKING CUTE!!!!!. ....of course they still are and I love the current pics too but my favorite one is of them laughing SO HARD! It makes me laugh every time I see it! Happy Birthday Dave and Dan!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!