Tuesday, March 22, 2011

True Confessions Tuesday

This is the continuation of my really getting back on track. The beginning was when I joined the Sisterhood's latest challenge Spring in2 Action.

When I joined that challenge I also joined the push-up challenge. I knew that was a bit of a stretch for me because I'd been having some pain in my left arm and shoulder for almost a year and I was finally going to physical therapy for it which I knew might end in surgery. But I went ahead and joined for two reasons:

1. I had to either check that I was buff enough and didn't need it, or that I wanted to look better for summer. That was really no choice at all.

2. And, despite the pain I'd been experiencing, it didn't seem to get worse when I did push ups so I saw no reason to not continue

Now, of course, I've dropped out of the push up challenge and I'm struggling to hold on in the weight loss challenge. The day after my surgery my weight was up 9 pounds. Wait! Was I looped out on pain medication? Could that be right? It was. Fluid retention was a side effect to my anesthesia. It's been coming down slowly but surely ever since but, ouch I'm still not back to where I was before Wednesday's surgery and tomorrow is another weigh in.

So there you have it - all of my excuses. Here are my confessions.

I have not been counting my points. I haven't gone crazy eating terrible things but I haven't been very conscientious either.

I have not embraced the #mbm on Twitter although I know I should. There have been times when I've made those good choices and writing them down would be therapeutic and help keep me on track.

And I haven't been drinking the water that I know is so vital right now.

So right here and now - I vow to turn those last three things around.

Point Counting
#mbm when appropriate
Water water water

And next week, I hope to be back to my dedicated, motivated self.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you had to have surgery. Glad you are doing better thoough. I've been awful about counting points this week. When things get busy, that's the first thing that I forget about. I can't wait to read your post next week. Knowing you, you'll have a great loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next week you will be back to your dedicated, motivated self. I know it! So sorry to hear you had surgery, hopefully you will have a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!