Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy Birthday, Emily

Yesterday, was our sweet granddaughter, Emily's, 16th birthday.  Emily is our 5th grandchild and 2nd granddaughter.  She was born two weeks early while we were in Hawaii for the impending birth of her cousin, Evan, so her timing wasn't great then.  And her birthday timing wasn't great this year either since it fell during our epic Hibner Renovation Week. That's why her post is a full day late.
I spoke with her on the phone a little while ago and conducted a short interview.  Here's how it went:
Emily at three years old
How does it feel to be 16?  Not really any different except that it's my official dating age.
Did you do anything special for your birthday?  Yeah.  I went out with Austin. Where did you go?  Well, we hung out, he gave me presents, and then he took me to a steakhouse called Fireworks.  Then we came home and I had cake with my Mama and Jared. 
Do you have any goals for the coming year?  Well, ummm, this summer I'm getting a job.  What kind of job?  The place where I volunteered last summer, Occupational Physical Therapy, needs servers for their residents so that's what I'm going to do.
If you had to decide your future right now, what would you aspire to be?  A Meteorologist.  I've wanted to be one since I was like 6.  I've always thought it would be such a cool and interesting job. 
What do you like best about school?  Nothing  I'm not the biggest fan.  I have good grades though.
What's your favorite subject?  Ummmm, let's see.   I'd have to say either Geometry or English.
Least favorite?  Biology
How do you feel about splitting your time between Indiana and Nebraska?  I don't like it very much because it's kind of hard but, oh well.  I enjoy spending time with my dad but I'd really rather spend one month during the summer instead of two and a half and then visit more times throughout the year.
Do you like being the baby of your family?  Yeah, kinda.  Why?  I like having two big brothers. 
Is there anything else you can tell us about yourself that I didn't cover?  I don't really think so except I love cats even though they are annoying and I like our dogs. 
Although that was all Emily had to add, there are a few more things I want to mention.  Emily is one of the sweetest, nicest girls you could ever hope to meet.  She has a wonderful sense of humor and is always willing to help out when help is needed.  We're proud and happy to have her as a granddaughter and we're wishing her a beautiful, happy, sweet-sixteen year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!