Monday, September 28, 2009

I Heard Some News Today, Oh Boy

Whenever I hear, see, read, or feel something that gives me chills, it's special. Chills are involuntary. I can't make them happen but when they do, I know I've just become privy to something big. And I believe it's because someone, somewhere needs me to appreciate the enormity of the news. Or maybe it's because somewhere in my subconscious it's what I needed to hear or read or see. Or maybe it's an intuition of some sort. An inner knowledge or belief in the goodness of what I've learned. Whatever. Today I got chills and another day I'll explain why. Oh and, just so you know, I even got chills when I shared my knowledge with Mr. Right. Wow!

On another note, I've written often about our many and varied bird visitors this Spring and Summer. Well last week we had another one and I'm wondering if anyone can help me identify him or her. He was really huge. I'd say at least a foot tall from the top of his head to the tip of his tail - maybe even 18 inches. Here are a couple of pictures:


Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated. Most importantly...should I fear for my koi? He looks kind of like a predator, doesn't he?

4 comments:

  1. I have no idea, sorry. I heard some news today too. Grandbaby #3 is due April 24th. We are both going to be April grandmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news is always exciting, I'm glad you got goose bumps!

    If I had to guess, I would say that it is a young red tailed hawk. Don't worry, it said that only %5 of their diet is made up of frogs and fish....mostly they like mice, so hopefully you have lots of those running around to keep his belly full!!! yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Amy that it is probably a hawk.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!