Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Single Ladies

On Sunday, November 23rd, 2008 Mr. Right and I were watching a little TV. We somehow landed on the American Music Awards show and after watching for a few minutes, we decided it just wasn't our cup of tea. Then Mr. Right went to run an errand (pick up dinner) and as he left, I said I was probably going to change the channel and he said that was A Okay with him.

Right after he left, someone called The Dream came on to introduce the next performer, Beyonce. I watched for a couple of minutes and picked up the remote control and pushed Record. When Mr. Right got home, I showed him Beyonce's performance of Single Ladies and I was more than happy to do that because it meant that I got to watch it again. Then we both watched it yet again. I loved everything about it, the song, the message, and the audacious and energetic dance. We showed that video over and over again.

Three of our daughters/daughters-in-law did the dance during Christmas week and did an amazingly respectable job of it. I saw a YouTube video of 100 dancers performing the number at Picadilly Circus in London and I saw that there was an MTV video of Beyonce performing the number; but, I've never liked another version as much as I liked the one she did at the American Music Awards show.

Then I saw Kanye West interrupt Taylor Swift's acceptance of the Best Video award at the VMA to state that Beyonce's video was better; indeed, the best music video ever. Although I thought what he did was inexcusable, I thought what he said was true. It's a great video.

Now someone's come out with a version that I love almost as much as the original performed at the 2008 AMA's. Check out this baby version for a real treat. If you haven't already seen it, you owe it to yourself to watch it now.

4 comments:

  1. That is soooo funny!! The bouncing reminds me so much of how Jack moves!! Very cute!!


    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. That was SO FUNNY!!! He was gettin' down! I think he danced better than me....I love the little leg kick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, my page says you have a new post up and I keep getting back to this one. What's up? You know how I love your posts. I get excited when I think there is a new one.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!