Thursday, September 17, 2009

You Capture - Up Close

Beth's You Capture subject this week was even more interesting than I thought it was going to be. I thought I'd head outside and look for something different to photograph. After all, I've done flowers and fish until you can almost smell them. (Which can be good for one of them but not so much for the other.)

Anyway the first thing I came across was this:


I liked it so much that I had to include it.

Then I came to this:

And this:

But what was so interesting to me is that those were just a part of these:


And I was surprised at what they really looked like "up close".

Then I got this but I have to warn you. Don't get too close or look too long. This one is very sinister. If you come back tomorrow I'll tell you a story that might make your blood run cold. At least it did mine.

So remember this close up:


Could be part of this:

10 comments:

  1. Nice shots. I'll check back for the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yellow flower is beautiful. I'd much rather smell that than a fish.
    I'll definitely be checking back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures, very cool. Even though I pretty much already know the story, I can't wait to check in and read about those menacing leaves....it makes me itch just looking at them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing to really be able to "see" something up close and appreciate their beauty. Looks like your story may have something to do with itching. But that's just a guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pink and green. So, so, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm, I always love your flower shots. They are so beautiful, I can almost smell them! The flowers, not the fish!

    So it's poison ivy, right? I hope everything's okay :( I'll check back tomorrow. smfd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great close-ups, Mary! I can't wait to read the "story." Is that poison ivy? If it is, I would NEVER have known. I am always so afraid of coming across it. I will check back tomorrow to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely shots! The yellow flower is so beautiful! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. THey looked wonderful up close! I love that you shared the big picture too :)

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!