Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Big O' Pig and More

Last week, Amy and her husband, Tracy, went camping on a lake near Coldwater, Michigan. Harry and I visited them Friday evening and then the next day drove on to the Detroit area to have lunch with our granddaughter, Amber, for her 22nd birthday.

Anyway, I'm really here to talk about our fishing trip. We had barely started fishing when I started the evening catching this nice rock bass:

Then Harry caught this nice large mouth bass. He was probably feeling pretty pleased with himself until........

I caught my BIG OL' PIG:

Then I caught this nice large mouth.

And Amy and I caught these two at the same time:

Amy caught one next:

Then I caught another nice little rock bass. I thought it was appropriate that I started and ended my night with two rock basses .... but wait..............

One more large mouth for me!

Here I am with a catch I made many years ago:

So you can see I had an amazingly successful night. It's only right though because all I caught last year was pictures of everybody elses fish!

It was so much fun and I can't wait to go again!

3 comments:

  1. That was such a fun (but short) night. I love this part of our camping trip, when you and Dad come out and fish with us. It's so much fun to watch you two and to fish with you guys. I do have to say for anyone reading, that the big 'ol pig she caught was way bigger than any bass we've ever caught, our biggest was probably 14-14 1/2 inches, hers was 17!!!! And it was a big fattie!!! We are so dang jealous and we just might not let her fish with us anymore!! lol JUST KIDDING..........i think. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would be so jealous. I haven't been fishing in years. I may have to remedy that. Glad you had fun catching the big ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! I cannot believe how big that thing is!! Its way bigger then what I was expecting. Nice one!! That looks like so much fun! Maybe next year chris and I will have to tag along too! Chris was pretty jealous. Congrats on your big ol pig!!

    Love,
    Ambadabambambam

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!