Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Down & Dirty In 30 - First Check In

Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans

It's that day again. Check in Wednesday. It used to be Weigh In Wednesday but, so that no one was left out (like those of us not currently trying to shrink), it's now Check In Wednesday. For me though, it's definitely Weigh In Wednesday and I feel a lot different about it then the last Wednesday Weigh In that I did back on June 30th. I just read it over and boy was I in a funk.

Not any more though. I'm dieting sensibly and exercising extraordinarily! And best of all, I'm feeling great about it.

What's responsible for this complete turn around? Not surprisingly it's the Sisterhood of Shrinking Jeans. The newest challenge at the Sisterhood has me thinking and acting like a new person. It's a team challenge and, if you want, it's combined with Jillian Michaels' workout DVD - The 30 Day Shred.

This challenge started on Sunday morning and since then my scale says I weight 4.6 pounds less than I did then. Wow! I can hardly believe it. It's a combination of going crazy on Saturday which upped my weight even more than it already was, sticking religiously to my Weight Watchers points, and exercising. And I don't just exercise once a day like I used to where I would go for long walks at whatever pace I chose. No, now I do the Shred in the morning which I know boosts my metabolism because I don't cool off for literally hours, and then I walk in the evening which I think is another metabolism boost. Since I hadn't been walking regularly at all since I fell off the wagon for most of July, I started at one mile on Sunday, one and a half miles on Monday, and last night I walked two miles as fast as I could. And once again it took a long time to cool off.

I am so stoked. Our team, the Lowdown Dirty Losers is amazing. We're definitely going to rock this competition. I feel bad for everybody on all the other teams because the can't be on ours but I know they'll do great anyway. Just not as great as we will!

Normally I would now temper my excitement with the warning that I know this rate of weight loss can't continue, and how it will taper off big time, and all that negativity. But not today. So pretend you didn't just read that. Today I've got only one thing on my mind.

The Lowdown Dirty Losers are going to be the biggest losers of all!

7 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO, Mrs. H.! I'm so proud of you! WOW!!!!

    P.S. The Hot Sauce Demolition Ninjas are coming for you. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great, isn't it??? I love this feeling and I love our team. We are awesome. We rock. We are going to kick some Ninja butt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You my friend are my inspiration. I want to lose like you next week. I only lost 1.3 this week. I'm going to try the two times a day workouts. It sure is working for you and Amy. One thing though, I think we are the Lowdown Dirty Losers. Whatever you call us though, we are awesome and out to kick some ass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahoo! 4.6 pounds is awesome. You must keep up with the shredding! It is so awesome at the end of the 30 days (and there will be days that it's the *last* thing you want to do) when you will be able to say you made it 30 days straight of shredding and you'll be looking hawter every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Bacardi Mama! Thanks! I changed the team name around so it's right! LOL Whatever we're called, though, we rock! And like you said we're awesome and out to kick some ass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great start!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You are really kicking it girl. What a great weight loss. So proud for you and the motivation oozes all over this post.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!