Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Down & Dirty in Thirty Challenge - Weekly Check In

Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans
It's a good thing we have weekly check ins so that I can slap myself to wake myself up. What have I been doing? Aside from all my excuses errrr confessions yesterday, I guess I haven't been doing anything. At least nothing positive for my weight loss effort and definitely nothing consistent.

The kids are here but they're leaving today. With them leaving, I'll also be heading to Michigan to share in the birth experience of my second great grandson. I'm so honored and I wouldn't miss it for the world. But, it looks like a giant excuse in the making from here. I'll think that shredding would be too difficult and that eating conscientiously wouldn't add to the fun. So normally I would cheat.

Right now I'm challenging myself to not cheat. I'll pack a couple of flat bread sandwiches which are good and amazingly low in points. I'll take a few vegetable and fruits. And I'll get in a walk every day. I'll be back next week to report my progress.

And next week, I promise. There will be progress.

3 comments:

  1. I think you have the perfect opportunity for you and Amy to keep each other honest. How exciting though to be there when this sweet little man enters the world. I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be strong Mary, you can do it! Best wishes for your new family member, and safe travels to Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've totally got this in the bag. You know what you need to do. YOU CAN DO IT!!

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!