Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Musings

Of course I already talked about what a great weekend we had despite a couple of little glitches (computer crisis); but there are a couple of things that I keep thinking about.

I'm thinking about how stoked I am that the weekend is over, my Weight Watchers points have reset, and I never even used all my flexible weekly points much less my activity points. I'm also thinking about how relieved I am that my weight has budged a little after my dramatic loss last Wednesday where it seemed to get stuck.

I'm also thinking about this family.

They're so young but I'm so impressed with them. I took these pictures even as Jack was suffering from a finger wound he'd incurred as they walked out our front door. So his mom and dad worked hard to comfort him and distract him so I could get that picture that I wanted.

Nobody complained and Jack didn't even cry but it was a distraction for them that they overcame for me.

And then I look at my house after this weekend. The playroom looks better than it did when they got here. The bed is made and the pack and play is put away along with all it's bedding. And there are no toys, coloring books or crayons around the house. Furthermore, they cleaned everything up so seamlessly that I didn't even know they were doing it or I would have told them not to bother.

What an agreeable little family. They also had to divide their visit between us and Amber's dad and his family; and, once again, the goal seemed to be to try to please everybody. I'm so impressed.

And most of all, they let me take pictures of them constantly. Wait! They didn't just let me. They tried hard to pose when I wanted them to and go about their business when that worked better for my photos. I love them for that.

There was only one tiny little sign that maybe I was overdoing the pictures. Nobody said anything really. I just got the vibe that maybe I should lay off a little.

Okay, next time they come maybe I'll give them a little break from the picture taking. After all, I can't have my great grandson giving me raspberries every time he sees me.

4 comments:

  1. ROFLMAO I am laughing so hard. I did really enjoy the whole story and the pictures, but that last part made me laugh SO HARD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope it was raspberries and not the sign language he appears to be communicating. Did you notice that or is it just me and my gutter-brain? LOL!

    I really enjoyed all of the pictures on this post and the last. Isn't it amazing how motherhood just seems to fit people so well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed it too ToadMama. That was what got me laughing Amy. I'm a little worried about my weigh in this week. It's been a tough week on many levels, so we'll just have to see. It might be my week to be exhiled. I hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! Lmao! That picture is sooo funny! Don't worry ill have a long talk with him about that! Lol I love this post and I love all the pictures of my little family! I love that you take so many pictures. It creates memories of such a great visit!

    I'm so happy for you that your weight loss is going so well! You looked so great, so what you are doing is really working! Keep up the good work!

    Love,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!