Tuesday, September 7, 2010

True Confessions Tuesday - Sep 7th Edition

Right off the bat I have to admit that my confessions include more than just the weight loss sabotages that the Sisterhood encourages us to confess. I've gone through a stage lately where I've had nothing to blog about. Even after I remind myself that ultimately this blog is a diary/journal for me, I've still got nothing.

Apparently this has begun to bother me more than I realized. You see there's a blog that I like to read called Toadmama's Interstitial Space. Don't worry, I had to look up interstitial too and I'm still kind of vague about what it means. The important thing though is that Toadmama's blog is interesting and full of really beautiful pictures.

The connection between Toadmama's blog and my angst at having nothing to write about manifested itself in my dream last night. In my dream, having nothing to say on my own, I just went to Toadmama's blog, took pictures of it with my camera, and then displayed them in my blog as if it were my post. It still cracks me up when I think about it.

And I'm surprised to see that the pictures display pretty well in my blog. If you're looking for an entertaining site, visit http://toadmama.com/ Believe me, you won't be disappointed.

Now on to my real confessions.

I knew that our Team Challenge was a biggy for me but I really didn't know how significant it was. I lost eight pounds over the course of the 30 day challenge and it was fun being part of a bigger effort. This is driven home to me by the fact that the minute it ended, my inspiration ended too. I've been very self indulgent and and unmotivated.

The one thing I've done pretty well is Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred workout. However, in all honesty I think it has more to do with the physically fit part of it than the weight loss part. Everyday I'm amazed and pleased with myself that I'm 64 and can do the first workout. That didn't stop me from skipping the weekend because I thought of some excuses but yesterday morning I got back on track again.

And, in addition to eating badly, I've neglected my second phase workout which is a photography walk at Striebel Pond. (No wonder I don't have anything to write about.)

So, I'll put on my big girl pants (the ones that used to be a little bit to big for me) and try to get back in the groove using all the tools that the Sisterhood of The Shrinking Jeans makes available too me.

Here's to a brand new start!

3 comments:

  1. I'm honored that you mentioned my blog and laughing because that's just the sort of weird dream I would have! I was quite intrigued and delighted to see my pictures pop up on the reader when I clicked on your latest post. Feel free to share my stuff any time. And 8 pounds in 30 days is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hugs Mary....I'm needing to pull up my big girl pants and get back to it too...I've strayed the last few weeks and my spirit is feeling neglected.

    Have a great week! Can't wait to see what you post next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol@ your dream. Too funny. I guess you're feeling a little stressed about blogging, huh? You shouldn't, though, you're a great blogger. Anyway, you did great during our challenge, and I hope you can remember that. I'm sure you'll do it again!

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!