Tuesday, November 23, 2010

True Confessions Tuesday

My true confession today is that I'm thinking more about family, Thanksgiving, and getting everything ready than I am about fitness and weight loss. Thanksgiving is a big holiday for me. The only thing that keeps it from being my favorite is that the whole family can't be here. But a lot of them will be here so right now it's all about priorities.

The thing is I'm okay with this. All my life, there are going to be holidays and special events that take precedence over everything else and maybe we just need to exercise damage control - or like April said here - discipline.

Although I vowed to shred and walk every day, I've run out of time. But I'm still shredding.

And maybe I'll eat mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and some other traditional Thanksgiving entrees on Thursday, but I'll be aware of what I'm eating and how much.

So it's good that I'm still counting points and I'm still trying to remember my water intake. I'm even thinking about ways to modify some of our Thanksgiving recipes to be more healthy.

But ultimately I'm going to enjoy the holiday and I believe I'll enjoy it more because it won't be a day of ridiculous over indulgence and lethargy - thanks to my accountability to the 'Hood and Santa's Little Losers. Go team!

No matter what, I'm going to come out of it healthier and happier than I have in many, many previous Thanksgivings.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you all the way Mary. You have the same attitude that I do about the holidays. We can enjoy without overindulging. Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!