Thursday, March 1, 2012

Catching Up

Catching Up is probably not a good name for this post because I'm so far behind that I'll never catch up But I'm going to try to fill in some of the blanks of the last 3 weeks.

It's hard to believe that February has been such a busy month. We did some traveling which was great as usual because we do love to travel. About a week and a half ago we headed out to DC to stay with Dave & Patty's kids while they did a 4-day weekend in Florida. We had so much fun. We just don't see enough of the faraway kids and it's always fun to see how they're growing and changing.

While we were there we got to see one of Matthew's basketball games.

A couple of interesting notes here. One: Matthew took his time bringing the ball across the center line while all the parents and team members yelled at him to hurry up and get across. When I asked him about that later, he replied that his coach told him to take his time so that the team could get 'set'. It just goes to show that what we think we're seeing isn't always what we're seeing. And, two: my camera lens sucks at indoor action shots. But that was obvious from looking at the picture wasn't it.

We got to spend a lot of time with the very adorable and amazingly mature Zachary. He's not four years old yet but obviously he doesn't know it because he acts, talks, and plays sports like a much older child.

Next on the agenda was David's basketball game. Here are Matthew, Zachary, and Katie waiting for the game to start.

And here's David bring the ball up court.

Obviously, I continue to struggle with my camera on indoor action shots. (It really makes me wish I hadn't sat on it with the zoom lens attached in the golf cart that time. Dan was able to bend the lens back to almost normal but it's never been the same since.)

On Sunday we took the kids bowling and that was so, so much fun!

Zachary took his bowling very seriously.

Of course they all did but they had a lot of fun with it too.




The best part of the bowling experience was watching the sportsmanship of these kids. They all had their ups and downs but remained upbeat and supportive of their siblings regardless of how things were going for them. I was so proud of each one of them.

To be continued.......

2 comments:

  1. Wow, David has really changed since Christmas! I see some Ryan and Jared in him, but I'm sure I'm the only one that sees that lol. So glad you were able to get to DC and spend time with them, I'm sure they all loved it and I'm doubly sure Dave and Patty really loved it!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, David has changed so much since Christmas! wow! I love seeing the pictures of your visit and I love thinking about you and Dad spending time over there with the kids. I'm sure they all love it SO MUCH! It's memories like that that they will never forget! Awesome! So glad to see a post from you again!

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!