Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Can I Have Some Cheese With My Whine?

Oh wait. I can't have cheese...or wine for that matter.

I'm on a clear liquid diet. Have you ever tried one of those? You can have coffee and tea with no cream, jello with no fruit, broth with no substance, juice with no pulp, and water. How can that be a diet you ask? Like this:

Breakfast: One glass fruit juice
One glass water
One cup of broth
One bowl of gelatin

Lunch: Repeat

Dinner: Repeat

Snacks: Coffee or tea - no cream and one bowl of gelatin or a popsicle.

That's it. That's the whole diet. But the good thing (or bad depending on how you look at it) is that you feel so lousy when you have to be put on one of these diets that you really don't want anything else. So it's okay. As long as it has the desired result: It's designed to keep your stomach and intestines clear, limit strain to your digestive system, and keep your body hydrated.

Evidently the doctor thinks my digestive system needs a rest. I agree.

So I bought a book, New Moon, the sequel to Twilight and I watch TV when I can keep my eyes open and I don't do anything else.

But there are signs that I'm recovering - the first of which is that I'm writing this post.

See? I told you I wasn't feeling well.

6 comments:

  1. Yikes Mary...that sounds absolutely awful! You'll be ready for some flavor asap!

    I hope that it makes your innards feel better soon! (isn't that a funny word innards...sorry makes me giggle!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby. Hopefully, this will do the trick and you'll feel much better. The only way I could deal with something like this would be to think of the weight I would be losing because I would think you'd have to. The great news is that you have that beautiful new grandson coming on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww I'm so sad for you, I didn't even know you were sick! What a bad daughter! I sure do hope this diet is helping! I'll be calling soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better soon. get some rest and try to enjoy all those yummy liquids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling much better today!! I probably need to go on something like that.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. That doesn't sound much fun at all. I hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!