Thursday, March 18, 2010

You Capture - Reaching

I'm almost hesitant to participate this week because it's so hard to put a post in front of the post I did yesterday. I did that one because I remembered that my blog is for me and I needed to express my pain and anxiety. And I did it with a lot of trepidation (because I felt like I was just feeling sorry for myself) but Beth encouraged me and then she pointed to me and a world of love and support descended around me from so many people. Thank you to everyone who offered their shoulder, their prayers, and their support.

Now on to You Capture which I'm doing because a) it's therapeutic and b) I need to shift my focus to include everything that my son would want me to include. Because he's generous and loving like that.

I thought 'reaching' would be hard but with a little guidance from Beth who said, "think Spring", I've once again got more photos than I should but, I promise, I've eliminated dozens!

First there was the group of brilliantly colored crocuses all striving to be the first to access the sun's rays.

Then there were the two, different but the same, reaching for each other in a common endeavor to feel the sun.

With this picture I'm acknowledging that not just the flower but every part of the flower, especially the stamen, needs the sun and reaches for it to fulfill its mission.

That's all the biology for today. Now on to the daffodils. Some have to work harder than others to reach the sun.


And some dafs have to power through whatever obstacles stand in their way.

The peonies are just reaching the crest of the earth but their unmistakable color promises some real beauty in a few weeks.

Everything reaches in the Spring. Everything needs the sun. But fortunately for You Capture and me, the colors are never more vivid and glorious than in the Spring.


And all winter long these pine boughs have been stretching and reaching but now that the sun is warmer and closer, they seem to shine with new life. And that's why they got included in this post.

Now to see reaching from many other perspectives and photographed much more beautifully, visit Beth at Ishouldbefoldinglaundry and join in. It's so much fun to share your photos!

13 comments:

  1. What beautiful colors! We are just starting to see some of the lillies leaves grow more each day, but no blooms from anything yet! This makes me want to check my Peonys though....such beautiful flowers they are! We got 3 new bushes transplantersfrom my grand-in-laws....hope they bloom this year!

    I'm glad this project helped lift your spirit, even for just a few minutes! Hugs Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos this week are stunning! I'm so glad you participated.
    I love the photos of the crocuses. Luke's sitter has a few growing by her front steps, and Luke has to stop and smell them every night when we leave--he's so excited to see flowers again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you found so many signs of spring!

    Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the purple and the white crocuses. It looks like they are leaning on each other - helping each other reach for the sun and the warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry things feel heavy... I love that we live in a time when we just say the word and there is an entire online community to encourage us!!!

    where i live, spring hasn't quite shown it's face yet, so it's been a pleasure to live vicariously through your photos! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the crocuses.... reaching up even during the chilly days:) Ahhh, the reminder that Spring is coming soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those crocuses are so pretty! We don't have those here in So. Cal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the crocus. We have some growing outside the preschool door. Beautiful captures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your photos, you did a great job! I think my favorite is the daffodil poking through the old, dried up leaf. It's like it's saying, "get the heck out of my way fall, it's my turn now!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the signs of Spring reaching. Beautiful photo's !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots! Ours look a lot alike this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful pictures. I just read so me of tour older posts about your grandbabies being born. How beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!