Thursday, March 25, 2010

You Capture - A Moment

Is it Thursday already? Wow! It's amazing how a clear liquid diet can make the days fly by.

My first thought was that I wouldn't be able to participate this week because I just don't feel up to looking for photo ops right now and finding and capturing "A moment" requires some work and some luck; but, then I remembered the walk I took Monday evening before I fell ill and realized that there were a couple of moments that I had recorded.

The first one was a moment that I impulsively snapped and when I walked just a little farther to try another angle, I realized that the moment had passed and hoped the one I snapped was a good one. I think it was:

Two more of the moments while I was out there that day involved birds. I loved the first one because he had his bill open and I can almost hear the loud quacking that accompanies a duck flyover.

And the second was the quiet red-winged blackbird presenting a perfect silhouette in the fading light.

All in all, I loved those moments as well as many others that I encountered on that chilly walk. I'm grateful to Beth and her You Capture that I've become aware of moments like these and that I catch pictures that I wouldn't otherwise have caught even when I'm not out "on assignment".

There are lots more "moments" to see at Beth's Ishouldbefoldinglaundry. Visit. You won't regret it!

14 comments:

  1. Oh lord I feel for you- I got put on the clear liquid diet to prepare for a not so fun procedure and it was pure torture. I never wanted ice cream more in my life. I also captured a bird for my capture this week!

    http://www.theiheartblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the on the water. Beautiful. I, too, am grateful for these assignments. They make me think about the pictures I take and make me use the camera more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that last one, you captured it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That second shot is awesome...love the blue of the sky and the fact you can see his/her open mouth! Good shots.

    Hope you are feeling a little better each day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I have to say I love all of those moments. The last one is especially striking to me. It's a very peaceful shot. I can feel the moment in that one.

    Glad to be stopping by!

    And feel better....

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Wow. I love all the moments you captured. Especially the sunrise. glorious! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary that sunset is beautiful. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are beautiful, peaceful photos!

    I love You Capture for the same reason. I've got great photos of things I normally wouldn't have looked twice at.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the picture of the duck flying overhead, it's amazing how you can see the details, I can almost hear it quacking!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow the sunset is beautiful. I need a place like that right now. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful captures! I loved the sunset, but then I loved the duck more! Very unusual shot... I've never seen one with it's mouth open before. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your "moments". Especially the sunset. And I love your poem above the comment box here! Oh, and, thanks for visiting my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The last shot is my favorite. It's such a striking shot, almost a silhouette.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!