Friday, March 26, 2010

I Have To Admit I'm Getting Better

I get emails pretty regularly from Firstborn Army Son in Iraq. That helps so much.

I finished my clear liquid diet and the craziest thing is that it worked. I feel a lot better even though my doctor wouldn't prescribe even one single pill no matter how much I thought he should. So that's all good.

And, after being inspired by some of the cast of Shrinking Jeans like Bacardi Mama and by Sharon from Mom Generations (and her 5k runs), I actually got out and walked tonight.

It was cold, and so was I, but I'm so glad I went. There were a couple of really neat things going on. One was a little, busy group of ducks. They swam quickly, bobbing on the waves and zigzagging all over the place. Then I noticed that the size of the group varied constantly and it was because they spent so much time diving underwater. Here is a series of pictures taken within about a ten second span:

They were such a busy, important little group that I decided not to disturb them further.

Next I found the swans' nesting spot.

And I saw this muskrat:

And this sunset:

And then I went home, frozen, but exhilarated that I'd finally felt good enough to get out and start walking.

3 comments:

  1. That is wonderful that you get temails from your son often. I'm sure that has to help. Glad the diet is working too. I'm so honored that I inspired you. And Sharon, isn't she the best. Just like you. I'm proud of you for getting out even though it was cold. One of these days, it is going to get in the 50's or 60's and we are going to hike together in the dunes. First, we have to get these grandsons born. I'm getting so excited for us. Yours on Monday and mine in the next few weeks. We are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1st things first....CONGRATULATIONS GRANDMA!!! Can't wait to see pictures of the newest little Fletcher!!!

    So nice to be able to get out and clear our heads again isn't it! Beautiful scenery!

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!