Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Heart This Cause

Today I must write about something that is very important and close to my heart.

On Sunday, April 26th, I will be participating in the March of Dimes - March for Babies walk in Valparaiso. Previously, we've suffered the loss of identical twin grandsons, James and Jake; and two more grandchildren, Jonathan and Grace. All four perfect, midterm babies died before they had the chance to see the light of day. I held each of these perfect little babies in my arms and the heartbreak is unimaginable. My eyes fill with tears just thinking of the pain. So I'm participating in the hope that maybe by participating someone, someday will be spared the agony of losing a grandchild and watching a child suffer through such a terrible loss.

Although unable to walk the 6 miles due to my foot/ankle injury, I'm participating because I'm committed to the March of Dimes mission to celebrate babies who are born healthy and to raise funds for babies who need help to survive and thrive, and I would be grateful if you would join me in this worthy cause.

If you can help, please do. Just visit here to make an online donation. No amount is too small.

Thank you so much.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I'm so happy to be able to walk with Beth. Although with 28 weeks of pregnancy and sciatica, I'm not entirely certain that I'll be able to make it the entire six miles, either! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an amazing mom and grandma!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so honored to be walking with Beth and her family.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!