Friday, April 10, 2009

Fun

So for You Capture - Week Seven, our assignment was to take a picture of fun. And I wrote that this seemed like the hardest assignment yet because I wondered where is the fun and I mean FUN in my life?

And when I reread it, I thought I sounded like a fairly unhappy woman. After all, who has to look for the fun in their life? When I thought about it further, I realized that maybe I was equating fun with happiness or contentment. And I am happy and content. I'm just not a laugher. I laugh but not all the time and not about everything. I'm fairly easily amused but very seldom do I break into peals of laughter.

Sometimes when I'm around a group of women and they're all laughing hysterically about something that I think is mildly amusing, I get a little uncomfortable. But you know what? They're having fun. Maybe you have to make some of your own fun.

I know I'm really, really lucky. I have the best family in the world. And I'm really happy about that. I also have a home that I'm comfortable in, a koi pond that I enjoy, all the flower gardens I can handle; and I pretty much get to do everything that I want.....except retire. And I think that's the fly in the ointment. My job. It's too hard, the people I work for are too mean, and the sun and weather are too unkind to my skin.

So to clear the record, I'm happy. But I don't think the world will be a bowl of cherries for me until I retire. And I'm pretty sure at that time I'll be light hearted and everything will be fun.

I can hardly wait.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100%. I think I would feel the exact same way if I had the job that you have. And I think you are alot more fun than you think, I can think of lots of times when we laugh SO hard and times when we really shouldn't be laughing (like church) and we just can't control ourselves....fun times!!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand, so much. Sometimes I really feel like work and the stress of it all gets me down so much that it's hard to just let go and have fun. I'm learning, though, which is the best I can do.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!