Saturday, April 25, 2009

Something's Fishy

Well it's almost time and I can hardly wait.

Last year when we went to the Chicago Koi Show, our intention was to buy one large, breeding size koi. But when we got there, it was way too hard to pick out just one so for the same money we picked out seven. I called them the magnificent seven because I thought they were so special. Well, it's not good to take too much pride in your koi because that (or something) caused the demise of my three favorite. A beautiful, fast growing green one, a gorgeous tri-colored butterfly, and a black and gold one named Goldmine. There are technical names for these types but I haven't learned them yet.

Anyway, here are the four that are left:









Now the big event that is coming up is that soon the young koi that we've kept in the aquarium (or inside nursery) are going to join these big guys in the big pond outside:



And soon after that, the winter pond will turn to a summer pond and it will be beautiful again with lots and lots of happy koi that I'm hoping against hope will spawn lots of little koi this year.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I would love to have a koi pond! I could just watch them all day long. My little one would love it too. These are terrific photos, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting. I can't wait to sit by the pond and watch your little babies make grandbabies. Maybe you should play some saucy music to put them in the mood?

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!