Wednesday, April 22, 2009

You Capture - Letters

I thought 'rustic' week was hard but I think 'letters' week is much harder. Like last week I turned to the dictionary for help. And it didn't. Letters meant pretty much what I thought it meant. Either written communication or symbols that represent sounds of speech. Way too abstract for my analytical mind. I need very specific direction.

Then last night we went to Ariel's open house and I spotted these letters:


They seemed kind of all encompassing but I felt like I could do better so I turned to letters that have special meaning for me with two sons in the Army:



Still not knowing if I'm on the right track, I started looking for letters everywhere and I found these:



I felt a little uncomfortable taking a picture of the inside of someone's garage, so I decided to finish with my best letter of all. It's a T but it says so much more than a letter:

22 comments:

  1. Great collection of pictures. I'm a sucker for your flag pictures too. Those organizations have helped so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The letter A on the rocking chair. Very, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love the last one! Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection of letters. Love the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job. I also had some classroom letters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All great examples :) Way to get out there and find some great and meaningful letters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I love the last two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turns out there are letters everywhere! Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great! Love the last 2! Great thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that rocker shot was very neat and I don't think I would have even seen a letter myself. Great spotting! Love the cross too-- definetly more than just a t! A symbol of torture and death turned to a symbol of life and hope.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful shots!! Seeing the A in the rocker is amazing ... I would have never seen that. And that last image is so thought-provoking ... you are so right about the meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the way shots 3 & 4 turned out. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are AWESOME.

    I love the rocking chair and the cross...very very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really great shots, but I also love the last two, especially the rocking chair, VERY clever!

    AmyA

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a great job! I'm totally laughing that you were taking pictures of someone's garage. Such a brave girl.

    Wonderful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you did a great job! you captured your letters from many areas of life and i love it! every single one of your photos - excellent! if I had to go with one it would be the shot with the VFW sign - super job!

    i have my you capture post up now, so come on by The Shadow of the Cross and check it out. i'd love to have you visit :O).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh! Very nice photos! I am very fond of the rocking chair. It's funny...The things (like letters) that you wouldn't normally see in everyday objects.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are great. My favorite is the cross. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pictures! I do like the rocking chair A.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great captures this week, Mrs. H! I love the A the best! You have a great eye to have spotted that one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ooooooh the rocking chair is MY fav!! good eye, Mom!!


    Lori J

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!