Monday, April 27, 2009

Sigh.....

I had my appointment today where the doctor assessed my ankle and decided what our next course of treatment would be. To be honest, I was hoping that he wouldn't have me walking my complete route right away because I don't feel completely healed and it's a LONG walking trip that I take everyday. But I was hoping, and confident that he would agree, that I could start walking at least a couple of hours a day. But no. He said we'll see again in 10 days. There's still swelling and there's still discomfort and I still wake up at night when I turn my foot while I'm sleeping. So I have mixed feelings. I'm glad we're looking for complete healing before he turns me loose but I'm so frustrated. I've GOT to get moving. I want to cut my grass. I want to do a least part of my route. I want to clean up my flower beds and start making my ponds beautiful.

The height of my frustration came yesterday. What a touching, moving day it was. I participated (but couldn't walk in) the March of Dimes - March for Babies. I was part of Team James and Jake, a cause very near and dear to my heart. But, although I could fund raise and be there, I couldn't experience the walk. And there's something so fulfilling about finishing that route. You feel like you're doing it for all the babies whose names are on your back. You feel like you've REALLY done something physical to show how much you care. So I did the next best thing. I stationed myself where I could catch pictures of all these wonderful, beautiful, loving team members who did finish the walk.

















And some people got back before I was ready. Here they they are:



There were a couple more I didn't catch so to see pictures of the whole team, go here where Beth and other members of the team have posted some really wonderful pictures.

I couldn't walk but I was so happy to be a part of this amazing team. What a thrill!

5 comments:

  1. I love that you were taking pictures! It's really neat to see the finishing pictures, especially since we were all separated. Sarah and I were SO HAPPY to be done at that point.
    It was really great to meet you yesterday--I'm sorry we couldn't talk more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous photos! I am so glad I finally met you!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so nice to meet you. You did a great job with the pictures. Be a good patient and do what the doctor says. You'll be happier in the long run. Give yourself the time to heal completely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are AMAZING. They're like a little present that we can keep forever and ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pure awesomeness!! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. James & Jake as well as Maddie were on my mind the entire day. And as much as it stinks that you couldn't walk, I know that every other part of the even meant tons to other people.

    BTW, you should start putting your blog addy in comments. *smiles* Let people know where to find you. I think there are tons who'd love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!