Monday, October 19, 2009

I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me

Well really I don't always feel that way. In fact, I hardly ever do. But today, or rather this evening, was another story.

I haven't been out for a walk in the Dunes for ages and ages. And I'm well aware that its getting dark earlier and earlier. I just didn't know it was like 10 minutes a day or something ridiculous like that.

I started my walk at 5:25. I thought that should give me plenty of time to do my 3-mile loop; however, I wasn't really factoring in the Fall colors and all the changes in the scenery that I would have to photograph. It's a compulsion sometimes and today was one of those times.

I encountered a man walking a dog and he said, "You're going to be out after dark." That gave me pause but I figured if it got to be 6 p.m. and I wasn't halfway, I'd turn back. At 5:55, I saw the bird outlook and thought I'd take a few pictures and just head back. But you know how easy it is to lose track of time when you're taking pictures right? I did. And I didn't start back until after 6:00.

And I was still shooting pictures and it was getting dark fast. So I quickened my pace and took fewer pictures. But I did take this one:

Not SO spooky right? Try double clicking on it and tell me if you see a couple of red glows and a couple of green ones. Do you?

What are they?

2 comments:

  1. Being you were at the dunes, I'm going to say raccoons or birds, possibly deer. Next time, start out earlier please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see it...drats! I hate walking at night, I freak myself out most of the time! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!