Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It's Just Hanging Out There

Tonight Beth and I will have dinner together. We'll laugh and we'll talk with the kids. We're going to be work widow/school widow together for the evening and we'll take advantage of this opportunity to spend some time together.

She has a big event going on tomorrow and I have big changes in my world of koi husbandry. Maybe we'll play the Beatles Rock Band for a little while or maybe we'll just talk. She'll give me a tour of the results of their weekend landscape update and I'll lament the large amount of landscaping that I haven't done this summer.

And we'll talk about her appointment on Monday and we'll be optimistic because the really, really bad thing about having an anomaly in your blood work is for it to not be found. We'll talk about the wonderful care she's getting from doctors with specialties in areas where we need specialties and logic will tell us that there's an answer out there. And faith will tell us that there's going to be a good outcome.

But it's hard. We tend to be proactive people and the waiting is hard.

I guess we should look at it as more time to pray.

3 comments:

  1. I am certainly praying with you both for a good outcome. I just have a good feeling about this. I keep thinking that they wouldn't be making her wait a week for an appointment if it was something that needed immediate attention. My thoughts, love and prayers are with you. Give Beth and the kids a hug for me. I really miss seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a good way to look at it, pray, pray, pray. I'm glad she has you there, especially when you guys are in your work/school widowed state!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and we loved having dinner with you and seeing you the following night!

    We are lucky people.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!