Saturday, October 3, 2009

It's Getting Cold Out

Our You Capture assignment the other day was The Feeling Of Fall. I think I made it quite clear in my submission how I felt about Fall. Overall, I'm not a fan. I used to think it was just because for the last fourteen years it meant that I was getting real close to spending some miserable days and hours outside but now I'm pretty sure it's not all about that because I'm not working and I still dread winter and I'm not enjoying Fall.

I just cleaned the filters in the ponds and that water was cold. I looked at my big koi and didn't feed them because once it gets really cold, they can only be fed once a day and I fed them earlier. It wasn't that much fun to feed them either. They kind of drifted to the top and ate but it wasn't voracious, enthusiastic eating with splashing and assertiveness. It was picking and partaking but not really enjoying. They're definitely losing their appetites.

And then there are all the baby koi in the goldfish pond. I didn't feel great about putting them in there when I did it but now I feel even more uneasy. In fact, I've captured seven of them so far to put in the aquarium in the house. I just don't have confidence that they'll get through the long cold winter out there.

I have a hard time going outside for anything now. I like to be in. I like to nest. And I like to be warm. I'm pretty sure I was meant to live somewhere else.

3 comments:

  1. Amen. Every single year as soon as the cold weather hits, I think I must be the dumbest person ever for living in a place with winter. Because I hate it. I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't hate fall or cool weather as much, in fact I pretty much love fall, but I don't love winter at all. Yuck. I'm glad you're moving your babies inside....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the four seasons. I really love fall. I don't even get tired of winter till about the first of March. I know, I'm a freak, but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!