Thursday, March 19, 2009

What's Going On at Arby's?

Arby's has a sandwich that I really love. It's their beef 'n cheddar. I've always thought it was the perfect combination of tender roast beef, cheese sauce, a delicious red sauce and an onion roll. Yum YUM!! Mr. Right is not a big fan of Arby's so when I'm alone, I'll often take advantage of the opportunity to pick up lunch there.

About a week and a half ago, I was in a town about a half hour from here. I got out of my appointment, famished! and spotted an Arby's right away. I pulled up to the drive thru, ordered two beef 'n cheddars (don't judge..I walk about 9 miles a day) and was surprised at how much they cost. But no worry. After I left, I eagerly dug in and was disappointed. It wasn't the right combination at all. Too much bun, too much beef and not enough red sauce. I cast my memory back as far as it would go to the menu and wondered if the sizes that were indicated might be the sizes of the sandwich and not the sizes of the meals. Hmmmm I wish I'd been more observant.

So yesterday, I got off work early, famished! and stopped at another Arby's about a half hour in a different direction from my house. And I looked at the menu very closely this time and sure enough, it looked like there were sizes. So I ordered one small meal and pulled forward.

The people ahead of me seemed to take a long time but what's new in a drive thru? Eventually they left and as I pulled up I heard the window person call out to the people behind her to cancel the last order. I waited what seemed like a long time and finally the window lady approached with my order and she said, "we had a mistake so we're giving you a larger one".

WHAT!!!!?? What are the odds? Here I was looking forward to the perfectly proportioned beef 'n cheddar and they were gifting me with a LARGER one. I know I didn't seem very grateful as they expected but I just wasn't. I wanted my little, perfectly proportioned beef n' cheddar.

So now twice in a row I've been disappointed at Arby's. Will I go back? Probably. But when I do, I'll look at the menu very carefully to see what's changed and I'll hope that no one does me any special favors.

4 comments:

  1. hmmm, I've never had a beefy cheddery delightful dual thingy from Arby's. Sounds good though, too good.

    you buy, I fly LOL.



    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an unnatural love for Arby's, too! But the last time we went, I was disappointed. Our order was messed up, the sandwiches didn't seem right, and so on. My husband has a student whose dad is general manager of Arby's, so when he mentioned it in class, the kid came in the next day with two gift cards for us. So at the very least, I guess they still have good customer service!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS the word verification for my first comment was "fundou" .

    ReplyDelete

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!